December 15, 2020
● SSD uses TDK's own controller GBDriverGS2 which supports Serial ATA.
● Configured with 3DNAND (TLC or pSLC) flash memory.
● The new generation of products includes 5 series, totaling 6 sizes.
On December 3, 2020, TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) will launch a new generation of flash memory products in December 2020. The product has 5 series and is optimized for industrial, medical, smart grid, transportation and security applications . All five series adopt TDK's own NAND flash memory control IC "GBDriverGS2" that supports Serial ATA.
With the development of 3D flash memory technology, flash memory solutions with a capacity of more than 1TB have been more and more widely used, and the requirements for data reliability have become more and more complex. As flash memory has been integrated into the edge devices of industrial equipment and other IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) devices that are mainly used to store OS or device applications, the demand for storage devices that can protect user data with high reliability is also increasing.
In addition to the automatic refresh and data recovery features included in the existing GBDriver series, TDK's own GBDriverGS2 also has new ECC (LDPC) memory and powerful RAID features, and significantly improves data reliability. The product series also provides various storage capacities from 16GB to 1.6TB.
All 5 series have the standard function of internal power backup protection circuit, which has 2DMLC NAND flash memory and unified write filter (UWF) write protection for Windows 10. 3DTLCNAND flash memory also improves the power interruption tolerance.
The five series have enhanced security features, including the new firmware anti-tampering function, TDK's original anti-spoofing security function, AES128/256-bit encryption and ATA security, thereby providing protection for users to prevent data stored in NAND flash memory from being tampered and leakage.
● IIoT: Industrial Internet of Things
● Internet of Things devices such as information terminals and edge computing systems
● Industrial computers, factory automation (FA) equipment, railway and transportation service equipment
● Bank terminal, ticket vending machine
● Medical and data analysis equipment
● Smart grid equipment
● Security terminals and other security equipment