Images are for reference only.
See Product Specifications for product details.
IC BATT CHG LI-ION 1-3CEL 24VQFN
• 1.6MHz Synchronous Switch-Mode Charger with 4A Integrated N-MOSFETs
• Up to 94% Efficiency
• 30V Input Rating with Adjustable Over-Voltage Protection
– 4.5V to 17V Input Operating Voltage Range
• Battery Charge Voltage
– bq24170: 1, 2, or 3-Cell with 4.2V/Cell
– bq24172: Adjustable Charge Voltage
• High Integration
– Automatic Power Path Selector Between
Adapter and Battery
– Dynamic Power Management
– Integrated 20-V Switching MOSFETs
– Integrated Bootstrap Diode
– Internal Loop Compensation
– Internal Digital Soft Start
– Thermal Regulation Loop Throttles Back
Current to Limit Tj = 120°C – Thermal Shutdown
– Battery Thermistor Sense Hot/Cold Charge
Suspend & Battery Detect
– Input Over-Voltage Protection with
– Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
– ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
– ±4% Charge Current Regulation
– ±4% Input Current Regulation
• Less than 15μA Battery Current with Adapter Removed
• Less than 1.5mA Input Current with Adapter
Present and Charge Disabled
• Small QFN Package
– 3.5mm × 5.5mm QFN-24 Pin
• Tablet PC
• Netbook and Ultra-Mobile Computers
• Portable Data Capture Terminals
• Portable Printers
• Medical Diagnostics Equipment
• Battery Bay Chargers
• Battery Back-Up Systems
The bq24170/172 is highly integrated stand-alone Li-ion and Li-polymer switch-mode battery charger with two integrated N-channel power MOSFETs. It offers a constant-frequency synchronous PWM controller with high accuracy regulation of input current, charge current, and voltage. It closely monitors the battery pack temperature to allow charge only in a preset temperature window. It also provides battery detection, pre-conditioning, charge termination, and charge status monitoring. The thermal regulation loop reduces charge current to maintain the junction temperature of 120°C during operation.
The bq24170/172 charges the battery in three phases: precondictioning, constant current, and constant voltage. The bq24170 charges one, two, or three cells (selected by CELL pin), and the bq24172 is adjustable for up to three series Li+ cells.
Charge is terminated when the current reaches 10% of the fast charge rate. A programmable charge timer offers a safety back up. The bq24170/172 automatically restarts the charge cycle if the battery voltage falls below an internal threshold, and enters a low-quiescent current sleep mode when the input voltage falls below the battery voltage.
The bq24170/172 features Dynamic Power Management (DPM) to reduce the charge current when the input power limit is reached to avoid over-loading the adapter. A highly-accurate current-sense amplifier enables precise measurement of input current from adapter to monitor overall system power.
The bq24170/172 provides power path selector gate driver ACDRV/CMSRC on input NMOS pair ACFET (Q1) and RBFET (Q2), and BATDRV on a battery PMOS device (Q3). When the qualified adapter is present, the system is directly connected to the adapter. Otherwise, the system is connected to the battery. In addition, the power path prevents battery from boosting back to the input.
The bq24170/172 charges a battery from a DC source as high as 17V, including a car battery. The input over-voltage limit is adjustable through the OVPSET pin. The AVCC, ACP, and ACN pins have a 30V rating. When a high voltage DC source is inserted, Q1/Q2 remain off to avoid high voltage damage to the system.
The bq24170/172 is available in a 24-pin, 3.5mm x 5.5mm thin QFN package.
Request a quote BQ24172RGYT at censtry.com. All items are new and original with 365 days warranty! The excellent quality
and guaranteed services of BQ24172RGYT In Stock for Sale, Check stock quantity and pricing,
view product specifications, and order contact us：email@example.com
The price and lead time for BQ24172RGYT depending on the quantity required, Please send your request to us, Our sales team will provide you price and delivery within 24 hours, We sincerely look forward to cooperating with you.